If you’re as confused as I am by all the nutritional claims and hype of different diets, fads, and trends, then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with Dr. Michael Greger, founder of nutrionfacts.org, and an internationally recognized speaker on nutrition, preventive medicine, and our health and author of the acclaimed book, How Not to Die.
Today we’ll work to cut through some of the confusion. We’ll talk about what’s working, what’s not, and the science behind it. We’ll do some myth-busting, and ask him the really tough questions about meats, grains, beans, coffee, sugar, salt, and so much more! And we’ll look at different diseases that often get us, and what we can to do to prevent them, or at least hold them off. We’ll even look at depression and what in the world food has to do with our mood!
Plus we’ll look at what Oprah Winfrey, Dr. Atkins, and the Incredible Hulk, have to do with anything.
Questions and Topics Include:
- How his grandma – Francis Greger-- survived after she was sent home to die.
- Nathan Pritikin, early lifestyle pioneer who claimed to reverse heart-disease with diet/lifestyle
- What was his biggest shock/surprise about med-school and what they did NOT teach.
- Why we can’t listen to the cravings of our bodies because of the artificially created foods that are biochemically designed to make us crave them.
- What the global consensus as to the core principals of what we should eat and the science behind the nutrition
- What’s the real cause of diabetes, type-2 diabetes and insulin resistance
- Why diabetes is taking 18 years off a child’s life and what can be done about our kids health today.
- What the ONLY diet is that’s scientifically proven to reverse heart-disease?
- What it means to eat a whole food plant-based diet?
- Why grains are not what you think
- What we can learn from queen bees and worker bees
- What is epigenetics and what’s it’s important to our health and nutrition
- How genes can suppress cancer growth
- Ornish and how we extend our ‘life fuse’ or extend or enlarge our telomeres (cellular aging)
- Why reducing meat even for a few years can make a dramatic difference
- Why the microbiome is so cool and important
- How the microbiome affects our gut, affects, immunity, affects depression and moods
- Need prebiotics to feed our probiotics
- What are pre-biotics and why do we need them?
- What’s the number one thing we want to do to prevent cancer?
- What’s the most important thing to do to prevent cancer?
- Why processed meat is now considered a class 1 carcinogen
- What does a plant based diet really mean?
- What should we be eating on a day-to-day basis?
- The importance of getting enough vitamin D
- The importance of vitamin B-12
- Prostate cancer avoidance – why we need to avoid chicken
- Why soy is great for you to prevent or survive breast-cancer
Dr. Greger's on a Mission to Cure Heart Disease, Diabetes, Cancer, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, Depression, & More By Updating What We Eat! Hear This Fascinating Interview Filled with Science-Based Nutrition Tips from the Founder of NutrionFacts.org.
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com