If you’ve ever felt anxious, moody, stressed out, your relationships are falling apart or you feel all alone, then do we have the show for you!
Then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with Dr. Amy Banks, psychiatrist, and relationship expert about her latest book, Wired To Connect: The Surprising Link Between Brain Science and Strong, Healthy Relationships.
Today we’ll talk about how to strengthen our brain for better relationships, more success in life, and greater happiness, in all that we do.
Plus we’ll talk about the smart vegus, Uncle Mitty the frog, rabbit’s playing dead, Italian monkeys,supermirroring and what Mr. Yuck has to do with anything?
Questions and Topics Include:
- What do Italian Monkeys Have to Do with Anything???
- What are mirror neurons?
- Why the theory of separate self is gone
- What happened to Uncle Milty the tadpole
- Why Western cultures have the greatest difficulty due to the value of separation and independence
- Why healthy interactions may be more important than quitting smoking
- Dean Ornish – Book called Love and Survival which documents studies on the healing power of connection and health protection of protection
- Why Mr. Yuck has to do with the poison of discontentment
- Why the idea that physical connection between a child and adult to have the necessary connections to grow into a robust resilient adult
- What competition has to do with nurturing and emotional health
- Why competition can be very harmful
- How Dr. Banks uses the relational cultural theory
- Why caring is so radical?
- What are the 4 neural pathways for healthy relationships?
- What is the devious cyberball experiment
- Why the alarm system in our minds may go off when it shouldn’t
- What is the mirroring system and what is resonance?
- How smiling and greeting someone can stimulate the smart vagus nervous system
- How social media can actually HELP you and stimulate your smart vagus nervous system
- What’s the benefit of pets
- What is relational mindfulness or what Jessica and I call “gazing”.
- What are the benefits of gazing?
- What can we do to soothe the dorsal anterior singulate cortex?
- What can we do to protect ourselves from mirroring if we’re care givers or extra sensitive?
- How to do a SPOT check when there’s a cycle in a relationship
- How do we get the dopamine reward system back on line?
- How do we remove addictions to heal a relationship
- Advice for people who are repeating bad relationships
- Important words of wisdom for parents and your kids
- AmyBanksMd.com and http://jbmti.org/
- Brief guided meditation or practice to experience a ‘positive relational moment’
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com