If you’ve ever wanted to feel love, be love, or heal from the inside out, then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with a magical human being, and a soul-touching artist, his name is Krishna Das, he’s the creator of at least 14 albums, and at the 2013 Grammy’s was known as the Rockstar of Kirtans. He’s also the author of Chants of a Lifetime: Searching for a heart of Gold.
Today we’ll talk with him about the power of music, of chanting, and of kiertans, to touch someplace deep inside of ourselves, that’s always been there, and always waiting, and how it’s one possible path, to help you connect and heal your soul.
That plus we’ll talk about Ram Dass, Mahara-ji, hearing tests for draft boards, a big form, why there’s no pooping on the bus, (Blue Oyster Cult) turning down a record deal, and how to discover our own oceanness even as we’re waves.
Questions and Topics Include:
- The power of music to touch, connect and heal your soul.
- What was Krishna Das’s last trip to India like.
- Why people in India have such respect for bavana, a true depth of emotion that helps you to transcend yourself
- How a loop was completed with Krishna Das’s last trip to India where he was able to give back and play in India
- What happened with college AND with the draft board.
- How he ended up meeting Richard Alpert (aka Ram Dass)
- How Maharaji got Krishna Dass to India
- How the play of God was in the works with Maharaji
- How Krishna Das began singing, chanting, and playing music when he was first in India
- Why the practice helps you to dissolve your evaluator
- What happened when Maharaji said Krishna Das had to return to the US
- Why “if you ask about service it’s not service”
- What happened after Maharaji died.
- What Krishna Das wasn’t ready to do after Mahaji died
- How he overcame an addiction to freebase cocaine.
- How did Krishna Das start coming back to the music or how did the music start bringing him back?
- What kept Krishna Das alive in 1984
- What was going on with Krishna Das in 1994
- How he got the awareness that if he didn’t sing with people he’d never be able to remove the dark shadows from his heart
- Why it was so important for Krishna Das to sign with people.
- How Krishna Das helped bring Kirtan’s to the western stage
- How the band he had quit became the Blue Oyster Cult (and how he turned down a record deal after a Jimmy Hendrix concert)
- How he keeps the ‘little me’ in check during concerts
- How the music and success is coming through Maharaji’s grace
- Why the practice is the ‘repetition of the divine name’
- What is our wave and oceanness?
- What to do when someone’s suffering?
- Why it’s so important to do their practice, whatever that may be.
- How to find him at krishnadas.com
Krishna Das, The Rock Star of Kirtans, Shares His Journey & How Music, Meditation, Chanting & Your Practice Can Transform Your Life & Heal Your Soul. Maharaji & Ram Dass | Spirituality | Spiritual | Inspiration | India | Health | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com