Today I’ll be talking with Loretta Breuning PhD, founder of the inner mammal institute, Professor Emerita at Cal State East Bay, and the best-selling author of The power of Positivity, and Habits of a Healthy Brain.
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today, about how to retrain your brain to boost your serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin and endorphin levels, to help you stay happy, even during these crazy times.
That plus we’ll talk about thinking of feral pigs, satisficing and the nobel prize, the importance of judging science fairs, baby chimps and mama’s crumbs, animals breaking into zoos, and what paint by number kits & redecorating have to do with anything!
Self-Help and Self-Improvement Topics Include:
- What does it mean our brains are wired for survival?
- What do happy chemicals have to do with anything?
- What do we need to know about oxytocin, serotonin, endorphins and dopamine
- What’s the vicious cycle of seeking happiness?
- Why don’t donuts or brownies solve our problems?
- How do we stop the vicious cycle?
- Where does love fit into the happiness equation?
- What can we learn from the animal kingdom about happiness?
- What can we learn about status from the animal kingdom?
- What are the challenges of a newborn baby
- What does mylenation have to do with anything
- What’s so special about a brain before age seven?
- Is there a way to hardwire in happiness?
- What does cortisol have to do with happiness, and why isn’t it so bad?
- Why are early memories so powerful?
- What’s the challenge with computer games (and shopping at themall)
- How do healthy habits help us deal with disappointment?
- What do baby chimps and mama crumbs have to do with one another
- What’s the importance of repetition
- What are habits we can put in the brain for happiness?
- How do we build more happiness into the brain?
- To find out more: https://innermammalinstitute.org/
And for free meditations, weekly tips, stories and similar shows visit: www.InspireNationShow.com