If you’ve ever wanted to do more with less, and build a better life, then do we have the Stretch show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Scott SunandShine, pHD, the Henry Gardiner Symonds Professor of Management at Rice University, award-winning researcher, teacher and consultant at fortune 500 companies, and the author of a fascinating new read with a philosophy I work on each and every day, Stretch.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about unlocking the power of less, and achieving more than you ever imagined.
Stretch Self-Improvement and Self-Help Topics Include:
- What did he learn from working at tech start-up Vividence?
- What happened to his colleague Jeremy Glick on Sept. 11, 2001?
- What happened to the Dot Com industry in 2001 and how did that steer Scott’s life?
- What can we learn from Dick of D.G. Yunegling & Son?
- What can we learn from the demise of Strohs?
- What is chasing and who are chasers?
- What’s the importance of a better use of our resources?
- Who in the world is Van Man and what can we learn from him?
- What are the consequences of a chasing mindset?
- How does social media influence chasing?
- What were the results of the social media studies on measuring well-being and satisfaction?
- What does Bobo the Bear and a toy lion have to do with anything?
- When do younger kids beat older kids at problem solving?
- What can we learn from Randi Sonenshein about Borders and the Sony Reader?
- What really happened to Borders bookstore and what can we learn from it?
- What do buzz saws and dove chocolate have to do with our behavior?
- What does it mean to embrace a stretch mindset?
- What’s the power of frugality?
- What can we learn from film-maker Robert Rodriguez and bleeding for your money?
- What’s the power of negative and positive prophecies?
- What’s the danger of the dunce cap?
- Why are deviations often a good thing?
- What’s the importance of diversity of ideas?
- What’s the importance or positive result of moving?
- What’s the importance of taking a break and paying less attention?
- What does it mean, and why’s it important to plan backwards?
- What’s it mean to be newlyweds for 14 years in a row?
- How do we cultivate an attitude of stretch in our children?
- What’s one Stretch homework assignment we can do to improve our lives today?
- To find out more go to ScottSonenshein.com