If you’ve ever wanted to use your superpowers to engage, persuade, and change your life, then do we have the Storyworthy show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Matthew Dicks, the international best-selling author, 36 time Mothy StorySLAM champion, five-time GrandSLAM champion, cofounder of Speak Up and the author of a truly brilliant must-read book for spinning a yarn, Storyworthy.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about how to engage, teach, persuade and change your life through the Power of Storytelling.
Storyworthy Self-Improvement & Self-Help Topics Include:
- How did Matthew Dicks become a good story-teller?
- What happened when he went to his first Moth StorySLAM???
- What are some of the early stories he’s shared?
- Do we need big stories in order to become a story-teller?
- Can anyone become a story-teller?
- Why do we want to learn how to tell good stories?
- What can we learn about ourselves through the process?
- If you have no desire to get on stage, why learn to be a story-teller?
- What are a few big no-no’s when it comes to telling a story?
- What’s wrong with drinking stories or vacation stories?
- Why do stories have to require change?
- What’s the harm in telling other people’s stories?
- What is the dinner test?
- What is “Homework for Life” and how can it change our lives?
- How can it help slow down time?
- What’s the importance of “moments” in our life?
- What’s the slash and burn exercise?
- What is the first last best worst exercise and how can it help us?
- What does it mean that the beginning should be the opposite of the ending?
- Three key ways to keep your story compelling.
- What is an elephant?
- What is a backpack?
- What are story hourglasses?
- What’s the Spiderman principle of meetings and presentations?
- How does storytelling give you superhero powers?
- What’s one homework assignment to help you become a better story-teller?
- How can we help our kids become better story-tellers?
- To find out more visit: MatthewDicks.com and to find Matthew Dick’s podcast go to the SpeakUpStoryTelling show.
And for free meditations, weekly tips, stories and similar shows visit: www.InspireNationShow.com
And to support the show and get even more great tools, tips, and behind-the-scenes access, visit: www.Patreon.com/InspireNation