If you’ve ever wanted more long-term, genuine happiness, and positivity in your life, then do we have the Blue Sky show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Zen Master Joseph Emet, who’s trained under Thich Nhat Hanh, has a doctorate in Music from BU, and is the author of Buddha’s Book of Sleep, along with several beautiful others, and a new favorite mindfulness book of mine, Finding the Blue Sky.
And that’s just what we’ll be talking about today, a mindful approach to choosing happiness here and how.
That plus we’ll talk about practicing Laziness, a BEEing meditation, becoming a professional smiler, the difference between thinking and meditating, where in the world are the happiness police, and why in the world you don’t want to keep poison ivy, thorns or crabgrass in your house.
Mindfulness & Happiness Self-Improvement & Self-Help Topics Include:
- Who is a professional smiler?
- What can we learn from the Dalai Lama
- What can we learn about smiling from Thich Nhat Hanh
- How physical activity can help you be mindful and in the moment
- Why happiness does not depend on your parents
- How does mindfulness help us with disappointment and our expectations
- How is freedom a Buddhist virtue and what does it mean
- What the Buddha means about the sense of self that’s more like a prison
- How do we self-soothe with prayer or meditation?
- What’s it mean to go for the honey?
- What does it mean to cultivate the garden of your heart and how is the Buddha doing so
- Why you can’t meditate with negative emotions – and why you need to be in a positive state of mind
- Why Buddhist meditation is biased to positivity
- How do we get to a place of contentment
- What’s the difference between being positive and positively annoying?
- What’s wrong with the rah-rah positivity books
- How do we water the seeds of happiness?
- How music helps exalt the mind
- What is 2 weeks of compliments?
- How do we stop driving with the brakes on?
- What’s it mean to become need smart?
- What’s it mean to practice ‘laziness’
- How does Thich Nhat Hanh promote laziness?
- What are some of the do’s and don’ts of meditation?
- What’s the power of the word yes?
- What’s the global world calculator?
- To find more from Joseph Emet mindfulnessmeditationcentre.org
- What’s the value of a 3 minute meditation or meditation practice song break
Joseph Emet on Finding Happiness Here & Now Thru Mindfulness & Thich Nhat Hanh Wisdom! + Guided Meditation! Health | Inspiration | Motivation | Spiritual | Spirituality | Inspiration | Buddhism | Motivational | Self-Improvement | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com