If you’ve ever wanted to work less, yet do less, and be on top of your game without running yourself ragged, then do we have the show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with positivity and performance guru and best-selling author Christine Carter, PhD, author of a new favorite book of mine, The Sweet Spot: How to Find Your Groove at Home and at Work. I’d say it’s more than just a book, but an owners manual for doing less and accomplishing more, and who couldn’t use that!
So today we’ll talk about finding your sweet spot, that once-thought mythical place where you can relax yet get things done, achieve your dreams, without driving yourself into the ground, and where you really can have your cake and eat it too.
That plus we’ll talk about celebratory dances, the Yay Me, a hospital fantasy, why no mud, no lotus, what we can learn from olive trees and marathoners, what the real meaning of the codeword ‘green’ is!
Questions and Topics Include:
- How’d she become known as the ‘friendly jogger’
- How do you get a treadmill for free?
- How’d she end up in the ER with 103 degree fever
- What was the turning point in her life.
- What’s a hospital fantasy?
- What was the low-point in her life
- How did she start rebuilding her life
- Why she’s obsessed with habits and willpower
- What does it mean to live and work from your sweet-spot (overlap of place you have greatest strength and place of greatest ease)
- What’s the equation for a sweet spot (and why it’s so important)?
- What’s the importance of having things on auto-pilot (versus mindfulness)?
- What is recess and why do we need it?
- Why working more to get more done is completely counter-intuitive (especially for kids)
- What makes us feel productive is not what makes us more productive
- Why Happiness (her first book was Raising Happiness) is so important
- What Happiness does for us (and why it really is the answer)
- Why happiness really means positive emotions
- Why true happiness is not gratification
- A few key tips on happiness
- What is the power of gratitude?
- How gratitude can make a snowball of positivity in the brain
- How our posture (and physiology) affects our emotions
- How to quickly and easily become more confident
- How to quickly generate endorphins through your posture!
- How fast can she take a shower in drought-ridden California
- How do we crack the habit code and where do we get started?
- Free email coaching program to crack the habit code
- Where do people get hung-up the most
- Why is choosing the right habit so important
- How do you crack the exercise nut?
- What’s a 5 minute workout?
- What’s the importance of a trigger or a cue?
- What are keystone mini-habits and why are they so important.
- How you can have your computer automatically shut down at night
- What’s the app forcefield (particularly good for children’s phones)
- christinecarter.com – new coaching program, establishing a new habit, great facebook group (for new habits) and also an online-class “The science of finding flow” learning how to drop into the flow state.
- Why it’s so important to be able to turn your devices off, and what skill successful children will need most in the future for their careers and happiness!
Dr. Christine Carter, Author of Raising Happiness, Shares How to Live From the Place of Greatest Strength, Ease & Positivity While Making Your Days Easier & More Fun! Inspiration | Motivation | Business | Career | Spirituality | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com