If you want to feel better, happier, shake those blues, get out of a funk, or sleep better than you’ve ever slept before, then do we have the happiness, sleepy show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with natural health, Ayurveda and sports medicine expert Dr. John Douillard. He’s the creator of lifespa.com, former director of player development and nutrition advisor for the New Jersey Nets, repeat guest on the dr. OZ show, and the author of 6 books, including one of my all-time favorites, Body, Mind and Sport.
Today we’ll talking about the physiology of happiness, and the changes we can make through diet, exercise sleep habits and more, to boost our oxytocin, get happier, and feel better throughout the day. We’ll also look at ways to sleep easier, sleep deeper, and finally get the rest we need and deserve.
That plus we’ll talk about shower power, blue light, what in the world are glymphatics, the importance of play, the danger of the news and why buying more shoes, coffee or cinnabuns, are never the answer. Bummer.
Questions and Topics Include:
- A brief history on Dr. John Douillard and running the Deepak Chopra Center Massachusetts.
- How he began working for the New Jersey Nets
- How they went from 3rd most injured team in the league to 3rd least injured team in the league
- What is reward chemistry?
- Why buying more shoes isn’t the answer.
- What is the Cinnabun effect.
- What the science is of oxytocin
- What is epigenetics
- Why is nasal breathing so important for us?
- Why compassion and helping others is so good for our chemistry
- What kind of diets are great for better moods (not to mention for our health)
- Why is lymph health so important and what are glymphatics
- What did they find at the University of Virginia that revolutionizes brain health.
- What we can do for the lymphatic system of the brain
- How does he feel about alkaline water
- Why he’s a big fan of a 3 season diet (and wrote a book called the Three Season Diet)
- Benefits of active release technique and muscle activation technique
- How much is exercise helping from a happiness point of view and how much do we want to be doing of it?
- What are the happiness benefits of exercise?
- How does he feel about HIT training, high intensity training?
- How important is sleep for the brain
- Why you don’t want to sleep on your back for your brain
- What are the major reasons people don’t sleep?
- What eating has to do with sleep, and when we want to eat to sleep better
- Why people feel like a ‘truck hit me’ when you wake up – and what to do about it.
- What are the 3 major causes of aging?
- What’s the importance of the skin of your intestinal wall
- What’s the importance of your intestinal track microbes
- What’s the importance of the lymphatic system
- Why your sleep and happiness depend on the happiness of your intestinal skin
- Why you want high fiber foods, particularly beans to replenish the gut
- Why the 3 B’s are so important. Beats, beans, and blueberries.
- How do you build back into beans
- What’s the magic ‘starter’ bean
- What bean has anti-flatulence factors.
- What’s the benefit of hot foods
- Key benefits for the body from meditation
- ESTABLISH BEING – PERFORM ACTION
- Yoga, breathing, meditation, and what the key is to do with this
- Why do we want to do random acts of kindness – and how can it help us.
- What it takes for microbes to thrive in your body.
- lifespa.com sign up for great stuff for free
28-Day Ayurveda Challenge eCourse: Receive 20% discount with this code: inspire28AC http://lifespa.com/ayurveda-challenge/
- The “one minute” guided meditation
Dr. John Douillard Shares Tips to Greater Happiness, Positivity & Better Sleep from Ayurvedic Wisdom & Modern Science from Diet, Nutrition, Supplements, Exercise & Meditation! Mental Health | Inspiration | Spiritual | Spirituality | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com