If you’ve ever gone through dark times of despair, a lack of hope, or even incredible desperation, then do we have the illuminating show for you.
Today we’ll be talking with Mirabai Starr, best-selling author, poet, teacher, translator of many mystic greats, including Saint John of the Cross’s Dark night of the soul, and the author of one of the most touching memoirs I have ever read, Caravan of No Despair.
Today we’ll be talking about transformation, making it through the dark times, and what a Dark Night of the Soul really means.
That plus celebrate the life of Jenny, Mirabai’s daughter who left her too young, but who’s spirit more than carries on, plus talk about Ram Dass, Dog Angels, the cloud game, monkeyshines, and why you want to be careful of what they put in the fruit punch!
Questions and Topics Include:
- What happened to her brother Mattey at age 7.
- How her family set out on a Caravan on No Despair – written about by the poet Rumi.
- How six months living on Mexico coast (Yucatan Peninsula) and how it changed her life.
- How travel opens the doors to your imagination
- What growing up in Taos was like during the peak of the counter-culture
- What in the world was put in the fruit punch, and how did it affect Mirabai’s life.
- How her first love Phillip passed away as her life was in turmoil.
- How Mirabai was drawn to the Lama Foundation, an intentional spiritual community up in the mountains where Ram Dass wrote Be Here Now.
- How she was given her name Mirabai (former name Paula Starr)
- How heartbreak is one of the most direct paths to “suchness” or a place of spiritual nakedness
- How she adopted two very difficult children, two mixed-race children who had been abused
- What happened to her daughter Jenny
- In dark moments how do we keep from ‘torturing’ ourselves?
- Who are Mirabai’s ‘dog angels’
- How the first copy of her book, a translation of ‘Dark Night of the Soul’ arrived just before news of her daughter’s death.
- How Caravan of No Despair came out exactly to the day 14 years after Jenny’s passing away.
- How writing saved Mirabai’s life and how writing can help you through your darkest nights.
- What’s the key message of transformation from The Caravan of No Despair
- What she was told after visiting India nine years after Jenny’s passing.
- Last words of wisdom to help anyone through their own darkest moments.
- Guided Meditation Led by Mirabai Starr
Mirabai Starr Shows You How You Can Overcome Life's Toughest Moments as She Shares Her Own Journey Through Multiple Tragedies and Then To Brighter Times. You'll Feel Inspired, Uplifted, And Motivated! Inspiration | Spirituality | Health | Self-Help
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com