If you suffer from a chronic condition, whether back pain, irritable bowel, arthritic conditions, migraines, thyroid disease, autoimmune diseases, depression and mood disorders, cancer, lyme disease, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome or chronic pain, or know someone who does, then do we have the show for you.
Today we’ll be talking with a new instant hero of mine, award winning science journalist Donna Jackson Nakazawa, author of Does Anybody Else Look Like Me, The AutoImmune Epidemic, The Last Best Cure, How You Can Heal, and Childhood Disrupted: How Your Biography Becomes Your Biology,
Today I want to talk about Childhood Disrupted, how our past can affect our health of today, even 20, 30, or 50 years later. I want to talk about what this really means, what’s going on with our bodies, and what in the world we can do about it, beginning today.
Questions and Topics Include:
- How Donna is doing with 4 auto-immune diseases and long-term injuries
- How her father passed away do to a medical error
- How she went into a silent year – a year without talking, to get through the childhood trauma
- And how she began writing
- How Mrs. Lindow gave her the keys to the teacher’s library to help her get through the year – thank you Mrs. Lindow wherever you are.
- How she began having medical challenges at age 13
- How her health conditions changed after having two children
- What is an ACE and how does it affect children?
- Why childhood trauma is not what we thought it was
- How do we get tested for ACE? (Adverse Childhood Experience)
- Why an ACE is so harmful, and what it does to the body?
- Why growing up with a parent with a mental health disorder or challenge is so hard on the child – and their lifelong health
- What exactly is an adverse childhood experience
- What happens to the brain after an adverse childhood experience
- How it affects our epigenetics, particularly of the brain
- Aren’t we just supposed to try to ‘get over it’ or muscle through these challenges?
- Why this is not just ‘all in the head’
- How do you start to get healthy again?
- Why it’s so important that people take the ACE survey
- Why you should take a resiliency survey
- What are a few key early steps to take
- How Loving Kindness (A Tibetan Buddhist practice) can help.
- How meditation and mindfulness can help
- What Tara Brach has to say about self-love
- How mindfulness based stress reduction (such as by Jack Kornfield) can help
- How to find the thoughts that are turning on yourself.
- How working on self-talk can help
- How to move to the parasympathetic or the ‘purr’ in order to heal
- What happens enters a healing accessible state modalities that previously wouldn’t work, now begin working.
- What ‘small things’ can make a big difference for healing
- What’s the healing power of nature – to take the body out of this fight-or-flight or freeze mode
- What’s the power of forgiveness for healing?
- How healing the psoas can help you heal your heart
- What’s recommended for children who’ve experienced an ACE, or for the children of adults who are struggling
Donna Jackson Nakazawa, Award-Winning Investigative Journalist Shows How Childhood Wounds Can Create Disease & Auto-Immune Disorders, & What You Can Do to Turn Your Health Around! Epigenetics | Spirituality | Mindfulness | Meditation | Love | Self-Help
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com