Do you ever wish you could have more in life, more energy, more happiness, more health, and more fulfillment?
Well if so, do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with researcher and ultra-best-selling author Tom Rath who has sold over 6 million copies of his books, including the 2013 #1 best selling book on amazon for the year, Strengths Finder 2.0, and the book and documentary we’ll talking about today, Fully Charged.
Today we’ll talk about what it means to live a fully charged life, and how we can find greater energy, more positive interactions, and greater meaning in our lives.
Plus we’ll talk about standing desks, sleeping more, taking frequent breaks, hiding our cell phones the importance of being 80% happy, and why your friends-friends-friends, may be changing your life without you even knowing it. That plus why Thomas Jefferson’s pursuit of happiness, may have been plain wrong.
Questions and Topics Include:
- How Don Clifton, Tom Rath’s grandfather Influenced Tom’s life (they were putting together an online version of assessments) which lead to the StrengthsFinder.
- Finished first draft of “How Full is Your Bucket” a NY Times Best-Seller.
- How Don Clifton helped encourage Tom’s writing and helped Tom discover his strengths
- The importance of helping others to discover their own talents as well.
- How Tom Rath has been living with cancer since he was 16.
- How cancer has helped Tom live a full life.
- What does it mean to live fully charged?
- How to live a more pro-active vs. reactive life
- Why sleep is the most underestimated investment we can make in ourselves today
- Why the surgeon general recommends 8 to 8 ½ hours of sleep “ammunition for the brain” for soldiers.
- Why we don’t want to skimp on sleep
- The story behind SALO in Minneapolis, and their active workplace.
- Randy Pausch and Jeff Zaslow – headset on while riding bike for last months while battling cancer to get a book down.
- The book Eat-Move-Sleep and journey from standard desk to a treadmill.
- What Dr. Michael Merzenich says about children’s minds and movement.
- Chuck Hillman and functional MRI’s and the brain, and how movement is a cognitive gain.
- How to simplify health, and the importance of small little choices
- Why everything is a net gain or a net loss
- Brian Wansink, Mindless Eating, and how we can build our willpower up.
- Why the more steps away we put things that aren’t good for us, the less likely we are to go grab them.
- The importance of making good choices early in the day
- What are positive interactions vs. negative interactions
- Why social relations are the #1 improver of our health and wellbeing
- Why emotions travel faster than words and are much stronger
- From John Gottmans marriage lab
- Why bad emotions and interactions outweigh good
- Why quick positive feelings don’t linger around nearly the same way as the feelings from a fight or flight reaction
- How your habits and happiness affects a friend of a friend of a friend.
- Nicholas Christakis and James Fowler studied 3 degrees of influence on people.
- Why 80% positive is much better than 100% positive.
- Why you don’t want to be insincerely happy, or make insincere positive comment (Barbara Frederickson did a study on this)
- Why the mere presence of a cell phone can ruin a conversation or an interaction
- Why we need to pursue meaning instead of pursuing happiness
- Why it’s so important to understand how your passion makes a difference for others and why it’s so important (for life satisfaction) to pursue things that help others
- Why experiences are so much more important that physical things
- The deliberate practice study of 10,000 hours and what people MISS in that study
- K Anders Ericsson.
- Well rested
- Took lots of breaks of rest, relaxation and refocusing
- Turns out even if you want to be really focused, why you need to take frequent rest and recovery
- Tim Walker who studied children in Finland who took 15 minute breaks per hour.
- The importance of giving and focusing on helping others
- Adam Grant’s work on people in call centers
Discover How To Live A Fully Charged Life With Tom Rath - One of the Most Successful Researchers & Best-Selling Authors (Over 6 Million Copies Sold!) On Human Performance, Potential, Success & Happiness! Inspirational | Motivational | Spiritual | Spirituality | Career | Health | Self-Improvement | Meditation | Mindfulness | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com