If you’ve ever wanted to overcome an addiction, of any sort, then do we have The Abstinence Myth show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Adi Jaffe, PhD, research psychologist, addiction, specialist, founder of IGNTD, and the author of a brilliant new book on recovery, The Abstinence Myth.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about a new approach for overcoming addiction without shame, judgement or rules.
The Abstinence Myth Self-Improvement & Self-Help Topics Include:
- What happened when Dr. Adi Jaffe asked his first girl out?
- How did Dr. Adi Jaffe end up in a cycle of addiction?
- What was the dual life he was leading?
- What happened after he was caught?
- How did going to jail change Dr. Jaffe?
- Why did he go back to school?
- Why is everything we’ve been told about addiction wrong?
- What does it mean that we are not our addiction?
- Why doesn’t recovery require or have to begin with abstinence?
- What’s wrong with the label of an “addict”
- What’s the importance of the issues we’re avoiding?
- What is the Pygmalion effect?
- What can we learn about the Pygmalion effect and kids
- And with rats?
- What’s the study he did on addiction and what did he find?
- What if people want help, but don’t want to stop?
- What does it mean to release our shame?
- Why is it not about willpower?
- How do we let go of the belief we are unfixable?
- What do we do if a loved one has an addiction?
- And if a child has an addiction?
- For More Info Visit: IgnitedRecovery.com
Dr. Adi Jaffe on Healing Shame, Self-Worth, Alcoholism & Addiction! TED Talk | Health | Inspiration | Motivation | Spiritual | Spirituality | Meditation | Mindfulness | Psychology | Inspirational | Motivational | Self-Improvement | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com