If you’ve ever needed to heal body, mind or soul, then do we have The Story You Need to Tell, show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Sandra Marinella, writing teacher, and the author of a beautiful new book on healing your soul, The Story You Need to Tell.
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today, about writing to heal from trauma, illness, or loss, how to do it, and how to begin.
Key Points Discussed:
- When did Sandra discover the power of writing?
- How did Victor Frankl’s Man’s Search for Meaning inspire her?
- What happened when she was diagnosed with cancer?
- How did writing help her during this time?
- What did it mean to write her story?
- How did she begin writing her story?
- What was her mission through the healing process?
- How did she make the decision to re-write her life?
- What was Sandra’s mystical experience while writing?
- What’s the importance of reflection?
- What is waving, not drowning?
- What does it mean that choices matter?
- What can we learn from Cheryl Strayed?
- What’s the importance of a comforting place?
- Why do we want to go back and review our journals?
- What does it mean to find your writing pattern?
- How do we start writing?
- How do we choose a journal?
- What’s the importance of finding a writing place?
- Why is it good to meditate before writing?
- Are we all writers?
- What does it mean to fire our inner critic?
- How can writing help us hear and move toward positive change?
For free meditations, weekly tips, stories, and similar shows visit: www.InspireNationShow.com
To support the show and get even more great tools, tips, and behind-the-scenes access, visit: www.Patreon.com/InspireNation
And to follow Inspire Nation (and the lives of Michael and Jessica) on Instagram, go to www.instagram.com/inspirenationlive