Hi Everyone, welcome back I’m Michael Sandler, your host on Inspire Nation, along with CJ Liu, the upper-popular coach and host of the Fire it Up with CJ Show.
If you’re wanting to get in shape, move your body, and feel younger than you’ve felt in years, then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking about moving in the springtime, specifically the amazing health benefits of walking and running, the simplest ways to get into it, and how you can run or walk, live you’ve never done before.
That plus we’ll talk about stripping off your shoes, hopping on the rocks, taping your mouth shut, and why Michael’s called the Mule.
Questions and Topics Include:
- Why Michael is Called “The Mule”
- How running (and body wisdom) is a spiritual practice
- Why running uphills can be so much fun
- How to achieve your fitness goals, small or large
- What’s the importance of baby steps?
- How to get your body going, no matter where you’re at.
- Why exercise cannot be exercise
- Why exercise must become play
- What’s the health benefit of rock-hopping and nature play
- Why being centered (and a strong core) is so important (physically and spiritually)
- What is Feldenkrais – and why it’s so important to get back to playing
- Why (according to ‘The Father of Brain Plasticity’) we need the crack in the sidewalk to help us stay strong.
- What’s the importance of throwing yourself outside even or especially during your work day
- What are the benefits of connecting with the earth
- What is counterbalancing
- Look for ways to make your exercise a creative experience
- What are the benefits of mixing things up (and cross-training)
- How to work with friends to get in shape
- Why it’s important to figure out what motivates you or what’s your driver (creativity, being with other people, sweating it out, listening to podcasts, etc)
- How can you meditate (or use spirituality or personal development) while working out?
- How meditation and movement go hand-in-hand, particularly for walking or running (www.MindfulRunning.org)
- How to trick yourself into a mindfulness meditation by entraining with the breath
- How to bring the world into sharper focus through exercise and meditation
- How to enjoy feeling your body again
- How to truly feel alive when you’re working out
- How you can build your chi while walking or running
- What we want to start slowly into walks, runs, or other exercises with cold muscles – and how to keep yourself safe when you’re exercising!
- Why you don’t want to stretch with cold muscles.
Michael Sandler & CJ Liu Share Tips for Getting Back In Shape While Having Fun, Boosting Creativity & Feeling Like a Kid Again! Inspiration | Spirituality | Fitness | Mindfulness | Meditation | Running | Walking | Weight Loss | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info visit: www.InspireNationShow.com