If you’ve ever felt you can’t get ahead, reach your goals, or come up with the quick fix that gets you where you want to go, then do we have the slow fix show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Carl Honore, one of my new favorite authors and guides, and the award winning writer of a fantastic read I’d consider candy for the brain…The Slow Fix, about a philosophy I’ve shared for years, though sometimes forget to implement.
Today we’ll talk about moving slowly and thinking long-term to solve problems, work smarter, and live in a world addicted to speed.
That plus we’ll talk about hot cupping, Brazilian witch doctors, Andon ropes, Barry Manilow t-shirts, Clinton daily moments, why there’ll never be brown m&m’s for Van Halen, the danger of targetitis, why Michael Johnson switched from running 400’s to changing tires, rush hour in Bogotá, the power of pill UK-92480, and what’s coming next for the Bennerley band.
The Slow Fix Self-Improvement and Self-Help (think mindfulness) topics include:
- Why quick fixes aren’t the answer – particularly for your health!
- What’s Toyota’s Andon rope for business?
- What are brain systems 1 and brain systems 2 and how does it affect our careers and decision making?
- What’s the einstellung effect?
- How is a slow fix being mindful, present or zen?
- How is moving slowly like a meditation?
- What does mindfulness and running and swimming have to do with one another
- What does fitness have to do with moving slowly?
- What the Royal Air Force has to do with moving slowly and what we can learn from dog fights and cotter pins
- What’s the importance of admitting mistakes?
- What’s the Clinton Rule?
- What’s the importance of thinking long and connecting the dots?
- Why do we want to beware of targetits?
- What does it really mean, whether career, business, or home that the devil is in the details?
- Why will there be no brown M&M’s for Van Halen?
- What’s the power of a checklist?
- What’s the power of sweating the small stuff?
- What can we learn from Grand Prix motorsports racing?
- What’s the importance of seeking ideas from everwhere?
- Why would you want to rent an office in a common space to benefit your career?
- What’s the importance of thinking alone and working together?
- What can we learn from rush our traffic in Bogota?
- What is Chore Wars and how do we make housework more fun?
- What’s the importance of turning the search for a fix into a game – and having fun?
- What’s the importance of trial and error?
- How do we embrace uncertainty?
- What can we learn from Chile and the Chagas?
Carl Honore Shares the Power of Going Slow to Go Fast for Health, Happiness, Career & Success! Mindfulness | Meditation | Motivation | Inspiration | Motivational | Spiritual | Spirituality | Business | Self-Improvement | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com