If you’ve ever struggled to reduce your anxiety, get off your smartphone, or to step away from the Facebook, then do we have the Power of Off show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Nancy Colier, psychoterapist, interfaith minster, veteran meditator, and author of Inviting a Monkey to Tea, and a fantastic new book on getting unplugged, The Power of Off.
And that’s just what I want to talk with Nancy about today, about a mindful way to stay sane in a virtual world.
That plus we’ll talk about smart houses and dumb humans, who in the world is wikiman, what you don’t want to do on a jeep tour, how to give a house a lobotomy, the importance of being nobody, why in the world we need a piece of chicken, when all we want is a plain salad? And the danger of texting cover rear, or thank you douche for last night,
The Power of Off Self-Improvement & Self-Help Topics Include:
- How has technology been creating overwhelm and ‘twiredness’
- What’s a new challenge people have when they go to sleep
- Why people are afraid of going to sleep
- What is a lottery brain?
- Why technology’s become an addiction
- What’s the paradox today of social media
- How sharing our lives takes us further away from our lives?
- How technology is affecting anxiety and depression
- What happened to her first daughter when she got her first smart-phone
- What the immediacy of the device is causing us
- What this growing ‘neural network’ is really headed and doing for us
- What’s a more mindful approach she took with her second daughter
- How do we do a digital detox
- What questions do we need to ask to understand our cravings
- How do we pull ourselves back into the here and now
- What’s the importance of a morning practice?
- What’s the power of silence?
- How do we get past the fear of silence?
- What’s the power of prayer in moving beyond our addiction with our technology
- What it means to become ‘nobody’ (what she learned from Sri Mooji)
- How do we bring more compassion into our lives, and into ourselves
- How do we bring true self-love into our lives
- What do we do to help our kids with technology?
- To find out more nancycolier.com and the book The Power of Off.
Nancy Colier on Getting Un-Twired, Staying Sane & Feeling Better in a Virtual Overwhelm World! Health | Fitness | Technology | Inspiration | Motivation | Spiritual | Spirituality | Inspirational | Motivational | Self-Improvement | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com