If you’ve ever felt you’ve needed to shake things up, get out of your comfort zone, and discover who you are, what you’re made of, and what you can do in life, then do we have confidence building show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Roz Savage, likely the greatest female rowing adventurer of all times, and the author of Rowing the Atlantic, and Stop Drifting Start Rowing, One Woman’s Search for Happiness and Meaning Alone in the Pacific.
Today we’ll talk about stepping outside your comfort zone, serving a higher purpose, discovering your own inner strength, overcoming demons and finding the courage to continue, no matter what.
That plus we’ll talk about rowing naked, cheer me up chocolate, and the secret power of bean sprouts.
QUESTIONS AND TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Why there’s no ‘wrong kind’ of sunshine
- What got her interested in rowing, and rowing across the Atlantic (without the natural born fitness or athletic ability)
- What was the ‘real world’ like for Roz Savage
- How she worked as a management consultant for 11 years
- How she learned money wasn’t going to make you happy
- What is Carl Jung’s individuation, and how do you start finding out who you are and what’s your purpose.
- What exercise helped her shift her life.
- How she moved past the fear she was going to fail
- How an adventure backpacking in Peru helped change her life – after being influenced by the Celestine Prophecy
- How she beings learning to follow her intuition
- How meditation can help to keep us from being wrapped up in the drama of our lives
- What was Roz’s real-word experiment with meditation and Buddhist detachment
- What she learned from Deborah Veal
- What was her environmental awakening along with Roz’s personal awakening
- How her epiphany came for this rowing adventure
- What were the emotions like leading up to the race
- How she had felt like a real impostor in the past
- How scream therapy (or pillow thumping) can be very helpful, particularly on the open ocean
- What kept her going
- How you get the resilience to go through anything
- What it means to unmoor the boat
- ‘one cannot discover new oceans without having the courage to lose sight of the shore’ – andre Sheid
- Winston Churchill “success is your ability to go from failure to failure with no loss in enthusiasm”
- Who were mr. self-doubt, mr. criticual, and mr. competitive
- When did she start giving kindness and compassion toward herself?
- What happened when her satellite phone broke
- What Roz’s newest adventure is:
- What courage means
- Roz@rozsavage.com and to find about about rowing go to rozsavage.com and for coaching rozsavagecoaching.com plus a ton of videos on youtube plus podcasts.
- What Carol Dweck and her growth mindset has to do with being more courageous
- Advice for kids to help them become more resilient, have more grit, and have more courage
- Why you never want to underestimate the importance of tiny choices and tiny actions