Does fear and anxiety or phobias bother you, slow you down, or keep you from being at your best?
If so, then do we have the show for you!
Today we’re talking with Dr. John P. Forsyth, Ph.D. is an internationally recognized author, speaker, and trainer in the use of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and practices that cultivate mindfulness, loving kindness, and compassion, he’s also the best-selling co-author of The Mindfulness & Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety which we’ll be talking about today!
I’m excited for this talk, because in our day and age, it’s almost impossible to escape anxiety and fear, and John might even say it’s helpful for us.
So today we’ll be talking about what anxiety, fear, phobias and worry are all about, and how you can stop pushing them away, but instead break free from them, or even have compassion for them, so you can feel better, experience greater freedom, and live the life you want to live. That plus why you don’t want to scratch the anxiety itch, ways to use bubble wands manufacturers never thought of, why you should never tune in to Anxiety Radio, and why you must never, never ever think of pink elephants – beginning right now!
Topics and Questions Include:
- Why fear and anxiety are good for us.
- How common anxiety disorders are these days
- Why our wiring helped us survive, but doesn’t work so well in the modern world.
- Why fear is not the enemy, but could be your best friend
- Having kindness and compassion for your fear and anxiety
- Why anxiety is not a choice, but the choice is what you do with it once it shows up!
- What is Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)?
- Why it’s impossible to push thoughts away, but instead need to accept them.
- Why working with our mind is a tug-a-war.
- Learn a short centering exercise and meditation to help quiet the mind and get you grounded in the present and to reduce tension and anxiety
- Learn the importance of the funeral meditation and the power of our own mortality.
- Why the most difficult or terrible moments help wake us up, and how to wake up WITHOUT needing them!
- Why identifying the fear is so powerful!
- Steps to overcome Anxiety
- How to “drop the rope” to make space for new possibilities
- How to have a tug of war with the Anxiety Monster
- How to unpack the Anxiety Monster
- How to observe the panic from the role of the observer (like in Buddhism)
- How our mind used to serve us, but now can get in the way.
- How our struggle ties us up, and our values can set you free.
- Why numbing yourself with meditation is NOT the answer.
- Why being a mouse in a bucket of cream can be fantastic!
- Why we need to slow down when we fall into the bucket of anxiety and fear.
- How to kick fear out of the driver’s seat in the Life Bus.
- The importance of a bubble-wand.
- Powerful antidotes
- Letting go of the fight – I’ll get curious and meet my own body, mind, soul and spirit with kindness
- I’ll be gentle like a friend
- Use extra energy and attention to get clear about what you want to do and cultivate that willingness muscles to take a leap of faith to bring along your mind, body, and emotions with you.
- Learning how to listen to your heart
- Learn how to discover your values and get clarity
- Learn how to create the space within you and free up the resources within you to do what matters most to you and to live out your values.
- Mindfulness. Commitment. And Change.
- Advise for parents
- Model with your kids that it’s okay to feel what you feel and think what you think.
- How do we bring the same love and care to ourselves that we bring to our kids
Discover How Mindfulness Techniques & ACT - Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helps You Tame the Anxiety Monster & Turn Fear Into Your Greatest Ally to Shine Bright! Dr. John P. Forsythe | Inspiration | Motivation | Mental Health | Spirituality | Buddhism | Buddhist | Self-Help
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com