There’s an expression I once heard from the late Dr. Wayne Dyer, you must die while you’re still alive, or you must almost go through your own death in order to truly live. Well, having gone through two near-death experiences, I think there’s something to that, though I’d never wish it on anyone.
But there’s a simpler way too, if we can open up our hearts, and learn from others.
Well today we have an amazing spiritual teacher on the show. His name is Mark Nepo. He’s the New York Times best-selling author of The Book of Awakening and his new book Inside the Miracle.
He’s experienced incredible suffering while having cancer not once, but twice, and at the same time as his former wife. But even in his darkest moments he didn’t become bitter, instead, he’s learned how to truly live, and I believe he’d even call it a miracle.
And that’s what I want to talk about today, about how to embrace life fully, to overcome fear, and to dive in in head on and heart-on.
- Why you can’t block fear, you can only let it through, like wind through a tree.
- Radical acceptance
- Letting go of the hopes and dreams and goals in order to open up
- How letting go is the kindling of our aliveness
- Sometimes the dream doesn’t come true, but WE come true.
- Story of Japanese monk Tetsugen
- Pay attention to what brings you alive, follow what brings you alive.
- Trust literally means to follow your heart
- Respect literally means to look again
- How to reframe and have trust in the middle of something difficult
- Under everything we go through there is solid ground.
- To be broken is no reason to see all things as broken.
- Even if we fall down, we’re on solid ground…build from wherever you’re at, even if it’s a square inch.
- Alcoholism vs. Make-aholism
- Best way to honor someone we love is to be the best switch we can
- Story of Janice and Tom
- The teaching power of trees – rooted and leaves sway with the wind, they give
- We must be rooted, and we must sway or be flexible
- A miracle is a process, not an event.
- How to follow your heart
- Integrity toward aliveness
- How to listen to your hearts
- Being in the present moment – mindfulness – closest to everything that ever lived
- Stay in that perfect present moment.
- Your heart and your life are bigger than anything you can feel and experience
- Trust that our heart will find a way
- Whatever is opened in us is more important than what opens us.
For more Info visit: www.InspireNationShow.com
Inspiration | Motivation | Wayne Dyer | Spiritual | Spirituality | Faith | Hope | Love | Health | Wealth | Self-Help