If you’ve ever wanted to reduce stress, feel better, supercharge your health, take control of your weight, sleep better, or simply to quiet your mind, then do we have the show for you!!!
Today we’ll be talking with Patrick McKeown, a world leading expert in Breathing, Health, Fitness, and Asthma, and author of the groundbreaking book, The Oxygen Advantage.
Now I’m biased, I’ve used Patrick’s techniques for years, and have been blown away by the results. I’ve taught it to my athletes, to everyone I coach, and I even try and include it in my meditations. I’ve found his techniques to be life and well as health transformative.
So today we’ll be talking about simple changes in your breath you can make to feel better, reduce stress, supercharge your fitness, eliminate asthma and shortness of breath, help you sleep better, and even to lose weight.
- How an asthmatic became a world-leader in breathing education
- Why everyone, from CEO’s to athletes needs to learn about breathing
- The Oxygen Paradox
- How to breathe when you’re stressed
- When we get stressed our breathing gets faster
- Why a “deep breath” isn’t really a deep breath
- Why proper breathing at rest is so important
- The danger of “overbreathing”
- The Bohr Effect and why it’s so important to ALL of us
- Why Carbon Dioxide isn’t what we thought it was
- What is the BOLT – Body Oxygen Level Test
- How to take your own BOLT test, and why it’s so important
- Why Noses are for Breathing and Mouths are for Eating
- Nitric Oxide – the molecule of the year
- Why Nitric Oxide is so important for the body – an only comes from the nose!
- Nitric Oxide is also the mechanism for Viagra!
- Helps with stimulation for men and women as well
- Why taping your nose at night, may stimulate you for extra-curricular activities in the morning!
- How Nasal Breathing At Night Stimulates Sex-Drive and Libido in both Men and Women
- Why baby are obligatory nasal breathers
- If baby’s become mouth breathers they are at high risk of sudden death syndrome
- Processed foods may be leading to mouth breathing
- Why nasal breathing creates perfect faces for kids and babies
- Affects teeth
- Changes shape of jaws
- Affects overall health of child for entire life
- Dramatically affects sleep of a child (sleep apnea)
- Link between ADHD and breathing habits
- Book “Shut your mouth and save your life” by George Caitin
- Documented Native America traditions
- Found mothers would close baby’s mouths after breast-feeding
- Robert Fright – Hyperventilation syndrome – nose removes ¾’s of germs and bacteria from incoming air.
- How to decongest the nose
- How to reset the respiratory process in the brain
- How breath-holding changes your fitness levels
- How to simulate high-altitude training through breath-holding
- Why stress & quick breathing makes it difficult to think.
- How to get more oxygen to the brain
Part 2 topics include:
- A simple exercise to quiet the mind
- How to use breathing to get your best night’s sleep!
- How to improve your overall health through changes in the breath
- How to eliminate asthma by changing how you breath
- How to lose weight through changes in the breath
- Plus much, much more!
For more info visit: www.InspireNationShow.com
Inspiration | Motivation | Spirituality | Health | Meditation | Mindfulness | Self-Help