If you’ve ever wanted more to feel better and more confident about your success, and helping others, then do we have the pride-building show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Jessica Tracy, psychology professor and researcher at the University of British Columbia, and author of a groundbreaking book, Take Pride.
Today we’ll talk about what pride is, it’s double-edged sword, how to get more of the good stuff, and what we really want to leave behind.
That plus we’ll talk about Arnold Schwazhenhegger, Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, Albert Einstein, Lance Armstrong, Stuart Smalley, spilled soup and two year olds, what we can learn from chimpanzees, what’s the difference between a captain and a waterboy, And what in the world a mean tuna bagel has to do with anything.
Take Pride Self-Improvement & Self-Help Topics Include:
- How she got into studying pride
- What post-impressionist Paul Gauguin has to do with pride?
- What does pride have to do with potential?
- Is ego also pride?
- What they found in people in remote villages in West Africa
- What’s the importance of the pride expression?
- What can we learn from knowing pride is a universal emotion (and not something just for Americans)
- What can we learn from Arnold Schwarzenegger?
- What is hubris, and what’s the down side (or the dark side) of pride?
- Is there a career (such as a leader or politician) where pride is important?
- What’s in-authentic vs. authentic pride?
- What can we learn from the Kalahari bushman (from anthropologist Christopher Bohm
- What can we learn from Judo athletes in the Olympics
- What is narcissism, and what’s the video game study behind it.
- How early do kids start to feel pride and what can parents do to cultivate authentic pride (and self-esteem)
- How pride comes from achievement
- What’s the importance of focusing on who we are, who we want to be, and how we want to get there – mindfulness and awareness
- What can we learn from chimps and pride
- What can we learn from Steve Jobs and Bill Gates (and what it has to do with each career and with pride)
- What can we learn in comparing Obama’s pride vs. Donald Trump’s pride
- What can we learn from the pride of Lance Armstrong?
- What’s the impostor phenomenon?
- What’s the dictator game?
- What we can learn from Carol Dweck and mindset
- What can we learn from Angela Duckworth and grit?
- What can we do to help teenagers develop their authentic pride?
- How mindfulness and awareness fits into authentic pride?
- ubc-emotionlab.ca or http://ubc-emotionlab.ca/take-pride/
Jessica Tracy on the Power of Authentic Pride for Sustainable Success in Business, Career, Parenting & Life! Inspiration | Motivation | Happiness | Mindfulness | Meditation Spiritual | Inspirational | Motivational | Self-Improvement | Health | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com