If you’ve ever wanted to know what enlightenment really is, and if there’s a way to get there, then do we have the How Enlightenment Changes Your Brain show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with best-selling author, Dr. Andrew Newberg from Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, a pioneer in the neurological study of religious and spiritual experiences known as neurotheology, and co-author of a phenomenal new book, along with Mark Robert Waldman, How Enlightenment Changes Your Brain.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about the new science of transformation, and what it means for all of us.
That plus we’ll talk about automatic writing, sufis and brain scans, mediums and parietal lobes, why you might not want to study demons, what to do when being chased by dinosaurs, what in the world a sea of infinite doubt has to do with anything, and the spiritual significance of unpopped popcorn on the stove!
- What was the fundamental question about humanity that bothered Dr. Newberg?
- What is enlightenment?
- What is a little e experience and a big E experience
- How can we learn about spirituality and enlightenment through the fmri
- What’s the importance of “stop trying”
- What does the big E have to do with a person’s purpose or sense of meaning?
- What’s the importance of an empty cup?
- What can we learn from an online survey on enlightenment and the brain
- What does the frontal and parietal lobes have to do with anything?
- What happens in the brain of meditators during meditation?
- What can we learn from people who speak in tongues?
- What can we learn from Brazilian mediums?
- What happens to the brain during channeling or mediumship?
- What happens to the brain during automatic writing?
- What are different levels of human awareness?
- What can we learn about automatic writing?
- What are the benefits of a daily practice?
- What can we learn from the LovingKindness Meditation?
- What’s the power of forgiveness and what does it do to the brain?
- What are the key steps to prepare the brain for enlightenment
- What’s the power of OM?
- What’s the power of drumming?
- What’s the importance of mantras or repeating words?
- Go to http://www.andrewnewberg.com
And for free meditations, weekly tips, stories and similar shows visit: www.InspireNationShow.com