Today we have a very authentic and heart-felt guest, I’d call him a bridge, between languages, cultures and ancient wisdom and the modern world. He’s a master, a student of the Toltec tradition, perhaps you could even call him a warrior, though not in the traditional terms. And he’s a Nagwal, but I’ll him share about that. His name is don Miguel Ruiz Jr.
Don Miguel Ruiz JR, is the author of two very special books, The Five Levels of Attachment: Toltec Wisdom for the Modern World, and Living a Life of Awareness, Toltec Wisdom for the Modern World.
You may be familiar with his father, who’s written some of the most beautiful spiritual books such as The Four agreements: A guide to Personal Freedom.
At the age of 14, don Miguel Ruiz Jr. apprenticed to his father don Miguel Sr. and his grandmother, a faith healer, Madre Sarita. From that early age, he was called upon to translate Madre Sarita's prayers, lectures and workshops from Spanish into English. In this way, through constant repetition and review, he learned the content of her teachings in both languages.
Don Miguel Jr.'s apprenticeship lasted 10 years. When he reached his mid-20's, his father intensified his training. At the apex of this power journey don Miguel said to his eldest son, "Find your way out. Go home and master Death by becoming alive."
For the past eight years, don Miguel Jr. has applied the lessons learned from his father and grandmother to define and enjoy his own personal freedom while achieving peace with all of creation.
Today, don Miguel Jr. is married and has two young children. And so, as a Nagual he begins once again to pass along the wisdom and the tools of his family's traditions in helping others to achieve their own personal freedom and optimal physical and spiritual health.
I am so excited to have don Miguel Ruiz Junior on the show, I think there’s so much we can learn from him, from Toltec wisdom, and from his experience as a bridge between the wisdom of the past, and the wackiness of today.
Thank you so much for being on the show Miguel, are you ready to shine???
- Who are the Toltec People?
- What does Toltec Mean?
- What was it like growing up in both cultures and ways?
- What is a Nagual?
- Grandmother – faith healer, and translating it, but letting knowledge get in the way
- Domestication and attachment
- Let go of the attachment that you must obtain some image of perfection for you to be happy.
- Facing our own reflection
- When you no longer believe in a self-judgment, it will no longer have any power over you. You can choose to view yourself from a place of acceptance based on the undeniable truth that you are already perfect and complete exactly the way you are right now.
- Why did you think you were imperfect when your father would tell you you were perfect just as you were? Where did the differing belief come from? (childhood? Parenting? Experiences?)
- 47: min - For me, I have crossed that threshold from concept to experience while jogging – usually around the one-mile marker. This is when I am no longer thinking about my route, pace, or even the pain in my legs. This is a moment when everything goes calm, and all I can feel is my breath, the stride, and the environment. My mind suddenly shuts off and I am completely in the moment, and I know exactly what I am doing without the need for thought. From this place even the term Authethic Self disappeares, along with the rest of my thoughts. I am simply alive with the complete freedom to love myself and everbody as I chose. I have no need to distort the information I perceive because my perception of life is unencumbered by any attachments. The authentic self is the harmony of mind, body and soul as the expression of life.
- Level 2 – the controlled folly
- The clean mirror
- What does Toltec mean?
- What was your upbringing like?
- What is Domestication
- WHAT ARE THE 5 levels of attachment
- How can we use the five levels to transform our lives…or to liberate us???
- How are we subjugated, or tied to…at present
- What is the biggest demon in the world? (or why is love the biggest demon in the world?)
- Mitote and narrators in our head
- Being motivated by self-love :o)
- How do we move from level 5 to 4 or 4 to 3 or so-on?
- Are we supposed to strive toward level 1 (or judge people based on the level they’re at?)
- Quest for truth vs. quest for being right
- Toltec 5 –
- Believing without being skeptical
- The Gift of Listening