If you’ve ever felt there has to be a better way to parent, where you get along with your kids, work as a team, and overcome life’s toughest situations, even meltdowns, then do we have the dharma parenting show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Robert Keith Wallace, PhD a pioneering researching on the psychology of consciousness and the founding president of Maharshi University of Management, and Frederick Travis, PhD, world-renowned neuroscientist who studies the brainwave patterns of children and directs the Center for BNrain Consciousness and Cognition, and both the co-authors of Dharma Parenting a fantastic book with an Ayurvedic take on parenting. I love it!
Today we’ll talk about understanding your Child’s Brilliant Brain for Greater Happiness, Health, Success, and Fulfillment, and to help make your life easier as a parent.
That plus we’ll talk about and the enemy of fatigue, the dreaded B word, what’s the difference between a looking day and a buying day, why families are no longer run by dictatorship, or by spanking for that matter what in the world’s the car game, and why is a horse-drawn Amish vehicle worth 50 points???
Dharma Parenting Self-Help and Self-Improvement Topics Include:
- How’d they get into meditation
- How long they’ve been practicing Transcendental Meditation – starting with Maharishi
- What motivated them to write Dharma Parenting for kids
- What families are not supposed to be dictatorships
- How we learned how to parent
- Why it’s so important to learn how to get in balance
- What we can learn from John Douillard of Mind, Body & Sport
- ayurveda / ayurvedic parenting wisdom
- What are brain-body types and what are doshas?
- What Ayurveda has to do with parenting
- What different brain stages have to do with parenting and how you talk with your kids
- What dosha quiz you can find at dharmaparenting.com
- Why is fatigue the enemy?
- What it means to have a dosha out of balance
- What’s sleep inertia
- Why our brains function best at 1.8 mph
- How understanding dosha type can help with conception, gestation and pregnancy
- Why a pregnant mother needs to be protected so that she doesn’t feel threatened when she is pregnant
- Why do we want to save our money and skip the stroller
- What are the six tools of Dharma
- Why you want to carry your children on your back
- Why it’s so important to walk at a child’s speed, not at adult speed
- What mirror neurons have to do with anything, and why kids learn by watching
- Why don’t we want to tell our child to stop crying
- Why routines are so important for kids
- And why and how it’s necessary to change a brain state
- What you want to do when there’s a meltdown
- Why it’s so important to anticipate and adapt
- What’s wrong with reacting to a child with anger
- What does electronics have to do with a child’s behavior
- Why don’t we want to use food as a motivator
- Why routines are so important to help kids from spinning out
- Why mealtime and walk time is so important for parenting and our kids
- Why electronics shouldn’t be the tool for babysitting
- What’s the importance of an attachment relationship (from neuroscience)
- Meditation, spirituality and a child
- Why sitting techniques for transcendental meditation can be started at 10
- Why kids can learn walking meditation at 4 years old
- Why you want to start which meditation for children
- Why doing yoga asanas together can be so important
- dharmaparenting.com get a free quiz and 4 page report for yourself and your child
Keith Wallace, PhD & Fred Travis, PhD Share Ayurveda Parenting Wisdom for Greater Happiness, Health, & Success! Inspiration | Motivation | Meditation | Spiritual | Spirituality | Inspirational | Motivational | Ayurveda | Self-Improvement | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Information Visit: www.inspirenationshow.com