If you’ve ever because where wisdom comes from, why some have more of it than others, or how we can become wiser ourselves, than do we have the show for you.
Today we’ll be talking with Cornell Psychology Professor and Best-selling author Tom Gilovich on his latest book, The Wisest One in the Room How You can Benefit from Social Pyschologies Greatest Insights.
We’ll talk about what wisdom is, where it comes from how to harness it, and how to understand how other people work.
That plus we’ll look at why two heads may be better than one, why we eat pocorn mindlessly, what body posture has to do with success, and why Nelson Mandela was surely the wisest one in the room.
Questions and Topics Include:
- What’s the difference between wisdom and intelligence and what ‘the Smartest Guys in the Room’ from Enron has to do with anything.
- Why social interaction is critical to being ‘wise’
- What are the 5 pillars of wisdom?
- Why it’s so important to understand the opt-in principle
- What is Naïve Realism
- Why George Carlin was such a wise man.
- Why two heads are better than one
- What’s the push and pull of situations
- Why people would shock study participants even screaming in pain (without stopping!).
- Why tiny tweaks can have enormous effects on people’s behavior.
- What is ‘the name of the game’ and why’s it important to us
- Why Brian Wansink was able to get people to eat 2 day old popcorn
- What’s the prisoner’s dilemma?
- What’s in a name – the difference between The Community Game vs. The Wall Street Game
- Why Chemlawn changed their name.
- Why you should bounce on the balls of your feet and assume a confident posture if you’re in trouble or in a funk.
- What Dick Cheney and the Iraqi war has to do with looking at the world through a keyhole.
- Why Wisdom may be all about perspective, pausing or taking it all in.
- What Mark Zupan and Murderball have to do with wisdom
- What the science says about helping people – and why the research shows helping other people feels good.
- Why giving till it hurt really doesn’t.
- What a big challenge is for America
- What Carol Dweck’s work on mindset has to do with intelligence, performance, and motivation
- What’s an incremental mindset
- Why the smartest kids in high school may struggle with failure in college – the big question is ‘do I belong or not’ and the answer is often self-fulfilling.
- What did Mandela do with Rugby (the Hollywood movie Invictus) to bring his country together.
Tom Gilovich - Best Selling Author of The Wisest One in the Room Shares Secrets to Wisdom, Motivation & Success, for Your Business, Home, Happiness & Career! Inspiration | Entrepreneur | Health | Social Psychology | Leadership | Self-Help
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com