How To Build A Couple Bubble For Love and Happiness!!!
If you’ve ever struggled with love, particularly in your relationship or marriage, then do we have the couple-building show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Stan Tatkin, clinican, researcher, teacher, and developer of the psychobiological approach to couple therapy. He’s also the author of four books including his latest, my new favorite couples book, Wired For Love.
Today we’ll be talking about building, protecting, and not-popping the couple bubble so you can defuse conflict and build a secure relationship.
That plus we’ll talk about the emote me game, the power of the insula, the orbitofrontal cortex, early birds and night owls, and why it’s okay to be annoying, just not threatening!
- How’d Stan get into teaching vipassana?
- How he worked with John Bradshaw
- How’d he get into meditation
- What a sensory deprivation tank had to do with anything
- How he got interested in child and brain development while working with John Bradshaw
- How he got interested in preventing personality disorders
- How Jessica got interested in mindful pregnancy
- What is one of the most important premises in healthy child development?
- How do you support a mother raising her child
- What Thich Nhat Hanh says about caregivers and raising a child.
- What is a couple bubble?
- What chemistry takes place when we start dating.
- Why we make mistakes in relationships because our brains are relying on shortcuts
- What is normal in relationships
- Why a couple bubble has to do with secure functioning
- What’s the dumb vagus?
- What’s the insula
- What are the primitives?
- How do we bring in the ambassadors to prevent war?
- What does presence and attention have to do with preventing fights?
- What do islands, waves, and anchors have to do with anything?
- What are pleasing and soothing 101?
- What’s the importance of knowing your partner?
- How to prevent things from being long-term problems?
- What are morning and nighttime rituals, and early birds and night owls?
- Why most problems in relationships have to do with separations and reunions
- Why you want to wish your partner well dead or alive before going to bed
- How do we fight?
- How do we come up with a win/win situation?
- What’s it mean to wave the flag of friendliness?
- Why our brains are constantly filling in the blanks and why you shouldn’t leave things blank
- What are the perils of digital fighting?
- Why hugging with your bellies together is so important
- Do we all need touch?
- Words of wisdom for parents
- Shambhala Mountain Center Sept. 15th to 18th Wired for Love Couple’s event
- Go to stantatkin.com and for counselor training www.Thepactinstitute.com
- Also see Wired for Love and Wired for Dating
And for free meditations, weekly tips, stories and similar shows visit: www.InspireNationShow.com