If you’ve ever wanted to be grumpy, unhappy, dis-satisfied, or at dis-ease with the world around you, then do we have the show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with the Buddhist Monk Ajahn Brahm, abbot of the Budhininyana Monastery in Sperentine Western Austalia, the spiritual director of the Buddhist Society of Western Australia, a spiritual adviser to numerous Buddhist societys and is the author of numerous books including Who Ordered this Truckload of Dung, Mindfulness Bliss and Beyond: A Meditatitor’s Handobook; the art of Disappearing, and a new fun favorite of mine, Don’t Worry by grumpy.
And that’s what we’ll be talking about today, about what it takes to be grumpy, dis-satisfied, and dis-ease with life, noise, and the world around and inside of us.
That plus we’ll talk about 50 strokes of the cat, the pushup routine, the 70% rule, Selling encyclopedias, a safe heaven for spiders, and why it’s so important to let go of the banana.
Questions and Topics Include:
- Why you never want to do today what you can put off till tomorrow
- Why life is not doing stuff, but stopping doing stuff
- How he went from a theoretical physics degree to becoming a monk
- What physics and Buddhism have in common
- What’s the Buddhist monk method for peeling bananas, and how it brings you happiness.
- What is the s**t of life and why it’s so good for us.
- How to transform the s**t in life to set us free
- How to move past a culture of blame and punishment
- Why we should welcome mistakes
- Why punishment requires 50 strokes of the cat
- Why kindness is the antidote to guilt and needing punishment
- Control freak vs. "kindfulness" freak
- Why we need to give compassion to ourselves
- How to thrive through your challenges
- Why you should demand your right to be grumpy
- Why you can be happy being grump
- Why you don’t want to suppress your negative emotions.
- Why you don’t want to label anyone with anything, like schizophrenia
- How to improve our self-esteem
- Why we’re suspicious of praise and how to improve our self-worth
- How do we put down our burdens (for greater happiness)
- How important is meditation
- How to come from life, rather than fantasizing
- Why he’s not fat, but simply growing in kindness and compassion
- Why fat and happy is better than skinny and anxious
- How laughter helps protect your heart
- Google Brahm to find him…
- Be sure to check out his Google Talks Video.
Ajahn Brahm, Buddhist Monk, Shares The Secrets to Being Grumpy, Being Happy & Finding More Enjoyment, Self-Esteem & Compassion, Especially for Ourselves! Happiness | Positivity | Spiritual | Spirituality | Buddhism | Meditation | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com