If you’ve ever had a dog, cat, or other animal in your life…or oddly as it sounds, even a child, then do we have the relationship enhancing show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Melissa Holbrook Pierson, the author of five books, including Dark Horses and Black Beauties (about our relationship with horses) and, most recently, The Secret History of Kindness, Learning From How Dog’s Learn.
Today we’ll talk about behaviorism, positive reinforcement and their potential to revolutionize our relationships with all species.
That plus we’ll talk about chickens on tight-ropes, rabbits riding firetrucks, why gambling prostitution and theft are rampant among Yale monkeys, a grandmother and her butter paddle, pigeon guided missiles and why having a democratic mom and a republican dad, may put miles on the car but not much else come elections.
Self-help and Self-Improvement Questions and Topics Include:
- What happens when we lose our soul dog
- How she went searching for a border collie
- What’s a pet-hoarding situation
- Why our pets know us better than we know ourselves
- How ‘The Secret History of Kindness’ came about
- How did rats become heroes thanks to a Belgian monk?
- Why was gambling, prostitution and theft rampant among yale monkeys.
- How was the book ‘Anyone Can Have a Happy Child’ was a game changer.
- Who was BF Skinner?
- What’s wrong with spare the rod, spoil the child
- Why you don’t want to scold your dog or cat for coming back
- What are pigeon guided missiles?
- What can we learn from Karen Pryor and “Don’t Shoot the Dog’
- What’s the magic of a clicker?
- What did she learn from the dog trainer Polly?
- What’s the importance of seeing through another person’s or animal’s eyes?
- What the danger is of leashes?
- What we can learn from Coli the sloth bear and Staci a head trainer who uses only positive reinforcement and enrichment at the National Zoo in DC?
- What’s the importance of catching animals (or children) doing something right?
- What’s the challenge with using a cat or dog’s name as a training cue?
- Why is free-feeding not the best way to go?
- Why patting a dog on the head is a bad idea
- Where to find her book The Secret History of Kindness
- How riding her motorcycle is a ‘short-cut’ to zen
Melissa Holbrook Pierson Shares How to Train your Dog & Cat, and Even Your Kids Thru Kindness, Compassion & Positive Reinforcement! + Guided Meditation! Spiritual | Spirituality | Inspiration | Inspirational | Self-Improvement | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com