If you’ve ever felt drawn to water, whether seaside views, spending time at the like, swimming, snorkeling, canoeing, showering, or just about anything else having to do with water, then do we have the H2O loving show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. Wallace “J.” Nichols, called “Keeper of the Sea” by GQ Magazine and “a visionary” by Outside Magazine and is the best-selling author of Blue Mind: The Surprising Science That Shows How Being Near, In, On, or Under Water Can Make You Happier, Healthier, More Connected, and Better at What You Do.
And that’s what we’ll be talking about today, about our connection with the water, and how it can help us all feel better, live better, and have healthier, happier lives.
That plus we’ll talk about a million dollar fish, a slow coast, spear guns and Ohio, blue marbles, one billion baby turtles, a sea-turtle shaped ring, and what pop tarts and Tchaikovsky have to do with anything!
Questions and Topics Include:
- What happened to his father on Earth Day?
- What showed up on his doorstep?
- Why we are all drawn to water for special occasions and important moments
- Why Oliver Sachs told J he had to write this book (on the science of why we love the water)
- What it means to look down from above (like Astronaut Clayton Anderson) and see our ‘blue planet’
- Michael and Jessica running through the snow and water barefoot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N_WvIzXIYo
- Why we’re attracted to all kinds of water (gas, liquid, solid)
- What’s the importance of Sea Turtles
- How he’s helped save sea turtles and increase their populations
- What is full emersion conservation (even working with poachers)
- How serious is the environmental crisis and threats facing the ocean
- What’s the blue marble project?
- What’s the healing power of water
- Why you want to take any chance to get in the water.
- Why you want to keep your goggles and your swim trunk in your bag, always.
- What is Red Mind and Blue Mind, and how can water and Blue Mind help with stress.
- What’s the importance of gratitude (and prayer) for the water
- What is J’s Mill Creek experience.
- How he brought land-locked Native-American children to the ocean
- How he took his daughter at 1 ½ and they walked the coast from Oregon to Mexico.
- How much does seeing the ocean (screensavers, paintings, etc), all help soothe the mind
- The importance of a fountain or creating wave sounds.
- wallacejnichols.org – blog and website, also google Blue Mind, also a great song by Alexi Murdoch, song called Blue Mind, here on youtube: https://youtu.be/C07jY4LnRg8
- What are the synchronicities around his father
Dr. Wallace ‘J’ Nichols Ocean Researcher from Men’s Health & Outside Magazine Shares the Healing, Soothing & Transformative Power of Water & the Blue Mind: Ocean, Sea Turtles & Blue Marble Inspiration | Spirituality | Meditation | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info visit: www.InspireNationShow.com