Do you love your corn, potatoes, beans and rice, and wish that they just weren’t starches so you could eat them to your heart’s content?
Well if so, then do we have a myth-busting, turn-things-on-their-heads, no potato left unturned, starchy show for you!
Today we'll be talking with Dr. John McDougall, author of 12 National Best-Selling books, including The Starch Solution: Eat the Foods You Love, Regain Your Health, and Lose the Weight for Good!
Today we’ll be talking about starch, what it is, why it’s supposedly not good for us, what the studies show, why you’ve never heard this before, and perhaps the shocking truth.
For I want to get to the bottom of this, because I love my potatoes and with a bit of salt, but for years, wouldn’t touch a single one. I’ve been high ketone, high fat, high veggies, lots of green smoothies, but always, above and beyond everything else, LOW STARCH…and don’t even get me started about the glycemic index. But we’ll talk about all of it today in a mind-blowing, myth-busting show. Nothings sacred today, and especially not the potato.
Questions and Topics Include:
- What it’s like windsurfing in Bodega Bay.
- What Dr. McDougall’s health was like growing up
- How Dr. McDougall had a massive stroke that left him completely paralyzed at the age of 18.
- How Dr. McDougall became a sugar plantation doctor
- How he began to notice the older workers were healthier than the younger (first generation vs. second or third generation)
- Walter Kepner, Rice Diet, and 1939.
- How it became clear that diet was an effective healing solution.
- Why a diet high starch helped with healing
- Why a simple diet can be effective and nutritionally safe
- Why we need to look at early studies that weren’t backed by industry.
- How Dr. McDougall is in the process of suing the egg industry.
- Why there’s a conflict of interest with the USDA
- How industries started to buy there way in beginning in the 1980’s.
- Why studies were made to favorably affect industries
- How do we get unbiased information?
- Why there’s a protein myth and never a case of protein deficiency ever.
- Why people are being convinced to buy products they don’t need – it’s called ‘unique positioning’ – and what it means to you.
- How study’s are biased and slanted in favor of industry and particular results
- Why starches may actually be good for us.
- How can starch be good for us?
- Doesn’t starch turn into fat?
- Don’t starches hurt our blood sugar levels?
- Why fat paralyzes insulin causing blood-sugar problems
- Why you want 90% of your calories from basic starches
- Why Paleo would disagree with a high starch diet
- Why we’ve been starch eaters back before we were even humans
- What do we see from being on a 90% starch diet.
- Where you can find stories, studies, and over 600 recipes - drmcdougall.com
- Studies on curing type II diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and more
- Look at colored book on food poisoning
- Animal foods
- Vegetable oils
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com